Echoes of His Mercy

My life will forever echo His mercy, so vast, so free, so astounding, poured out on my desperate heart.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving"

Thanksgiving break has begun! I have so much free time today and over the next four days that I hardly know what to do with myself! Besides just chilling, I'm going to do lots of reading and helping my dear mother. (I look forward to having more time for both of those when I graduate next fall.) Today I did the breakfast dishes, read, planned my classes for next semester, and played checkers with my little sister. Oh, and my three sisters, my little brother, my Dad, and I decorated the Christmas tree today!

Holiday ramblings aside, I was reminded today of Psalm 100:4 when I thought about Thanksgiving:

Psalm 100:4
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving

and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name."


I thought about how often I fail to "Enter his gates with thanksgiving." Instead, I tend to enter his gates with grumbling, complaining, and ungratefulness! All that I have received from God has been mercy, so why should I grumble? All that he deserves is thanks and praise. I'm so glad for holidays like tomorrow; they are times when we can take a step back and remind ourselves of His goodness.

Until Friday...Have a wonderful celebration of His goodness with your family.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home