Echoes of His Mercy

My life will forever echo His mercy, so vast, so free, so astounding, poured out on my desperate heart.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bible Gateway

I wanted to make everyone aware of a wonderful resource that I discovered about a year ago: BibleGateway.com.

BibleGateway.com has the full text of many English versions of the Bible, such as the KJV, the ESV, and the NIV. Not only that, it has versions of the Bible in other languages, such as Spanish, French, German, and Russian (for native speakers and foreign language fanatics!).

The website has many different features. You can read any scripture passage in any version you'd like. It has a keyword search engine that allows you to search for all the places a particular word appears. You can read the complete text of Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible (under "Additional Resources"). You can even listen to the audio version of some translations!

I wanted to share this resource with you because I have really benefitted from it (especially when I'm somewhere with no Bible). I hope you find it useful too!

2 Comments:

  • At 11/09/2006 10:42:00 PM, Blogger R. Alcantar said…

    How in the world is Oedipus the King one of your favorite books?! =)

    But I do *totally* agree about The Scarlet Letter...most people don't like it but I think it's great.

     
  • At 11/11/2006 06:41:00 PM, Anonymous amber said…

    Haha sorry...there was no "Favorite Plays" section. :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home